Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Picking Back Up

I wasn't whining in that last post. 

Really.

Now it's a bit of a hurry/stop/hurry/stop cycle.  Last week, I brewed on consecutive days and all three fermenters are full again--Oktoberfest, Weisse and Kolsch.  So, this week there's not a lot of brewing going on.

What to do, what to do?

Today I decided to try something a little new.  I picked up a bunch of 22 oz bottles at Norther Brewer and some sealing wax.

I put a question out to the Brewery's Facebook friends.  What beer would you like to see return?  A couple of you gave me an unexpected answer:  the Harvest Strong.  As fortune would have it, I saved a half barrel of last year's batch to see what some cold storage would do to it.  I sampled it this morning and it is wonderful!  The smokiness has subdued and it tastes somewhat like a Belgian Tripel with a big alcohol kick.  So I ended up bottling about 26 bottles of that plus 26 bottles of Breakfast Stout.  I then dipped the crowns in colored wax giving the bottles a classy (or pretentious) look.  Once I come up with a label for them, we'll sell single bottles at the bar.  Price is TBD.  These will be the first featured bottles in our "Premium Selection" line-up.  These will beer our "big beers"--higher alcohol and more specialized malts.

Look for them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment