Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Two Brothers Brewery

Last week, I had to take my kegs for the Great American Beer Festival to Warrenville, IL--home of the Two Brothers Brewery.

It's not easy to find.  Warrenville is a Northwest suburb of Chicago and my GPS didn't quite know the exact way to go.  It is in an industrial park with no sign.  However, the locals seem to have a good idea where it was, as I got there around lunch time and the taphouse was abuzz with activity. 

I met a burly guy at the taproom bar, "Gabe" and asked where my contact person, Jason Ebel, was.  Gabe said, "Who wants to know?"  I told him who I was and why I was there.  His demeanor turned very cordial and he said that he was the bulldog.  He said that he'd help me out as long as I stayed for lunch and a beer.  I told him that that was my plan all along!

So, I unloaded the beer, made my way to the tap room and ordered a sampler, along with a chicken sandwich with smoked gouda and sweet potato fries.  The meal was excellent and the beer was quite good:


I had previously asked if I could get a tour of their facility and Gabe was happy to oblige.  Here a a few pics:


Gabe

The new oak fermenters
Looking back toward the fermenters

The Brewhouse is in the background


It was a nice trip.  Their "Rye-PA" gave me some good ideas and I made a couple of new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment