Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kegs have arrived.

The largest beer festival in America takes place next month.  Appropriately named, the Great American Beer Festival.

Part of the festival includes judging and medals for great beers.  Due to the sheer number of submissions, there is a lot of prestige in this contest.  Some of the best beer judges in the world evaluate the samples that come in from around the world.

To win a medal is no small feat.  I am submitting five different beers for evaluation.  I do not have high hopes.  A very small percentage of submissions win awards.  If nothing else, the feedback from the judges will help me to improve upon my recipes and techniques.

Anyway, the kegs have arrived for me to fill and send back to Denver:

Yesterday I sent my bottled beer for the judging.  The kegs are to share the beer with the festival participants.  The event takes place September 16-18.  I'll be heading out there and will report back with photos and news.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment