Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Test Brewing Today

This was supposed to happen a few weeks ago, but with everything else going on, I didn't get to it until today.

I'm brewing the Molasses Porter--an eleven gallon batch.  Today, I'm doing this from my home, as it's easier to brew a batch larger than 5 gallons, but less than 4 barrels from there.








Waiting for the Hot Liquor Tank (top vessel) to get to 170 degrees for mash-in.

 





I also made some modifications to my set-up last night.  I added a "water distribution system" with service to my hot liquor tank, my counter-flow chiller and utility hoses.
















The long copper pipe serves as my Hot Liquor Tank filler.  Sure beats standing there with the garden hose!









I will update as the project unfolds....

No comments:

Post a Comment