Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Secret Beer

You know, I've been here a year and a half, and I've never brewed a Pale Ale.

Until now.

A couple of weeks ago, I had an open fermenter, and my house beer levels were all in good shape.  I decided to brew something to satisfy you hopheads out there--at least until the IPA Contest.

I brewed up a Pale Ale.  This one has four malts, along with a generous late addition of Cascade and Centennial hops.  The gravity got a little away from me, as this one clocks in at a 7.1% ABV!  That's high for the style, but the flavor is fantastic.

Normally, new beers are reserved for the Mug Club.  However, this one was an extra beer so everyone can have at it. 

In that vein, I've decided to play with our house beer line-up a little bit.  While our Nut Brown Ale and Stout have very ardent followers, their numbers are small and those two beers tend to move a little slower than the others.  Therefore, they may rotate out of the lineup from time to time in favor of some other styles.  Don't worry.  If they leave, they won't be gone long, and in the meantime you'll be able to try a couple of different styles until their return.

Right now, in addition to the five house beer lineup, we have the Part Timer Pale Ale, the "Francinator" Doppelbock and the Harvest Strong is still lingering around.  Don't forget that the Double Red will also debut next week, February 9th.

1 comment: