Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Taking Shape

Having made it back safely to Deutschland, it was time to get my little brewery put together. My Weyermann malt shipment arrived yesterday, so after buying a few odds and ends at the base this morning, I spent this afternoon getting everything in order.
Here are the results:

Parts shelf in the center, brew tower to the right.

330 pounds of grain waiting to fulfill their life purpose.  Specialty malts are in
the white drawer units in the background.

Here's the opposite corner.  The blue tubs will hold the bagged grain once
they're opened.

A few hooks in the ceiling hold various tools and manifolds.
As soon as I secure a couple more items, this brewery will be well underway.  My plan is to tinker and perfect an Alt, a Weizenbock and a Helles.  I'll do 10-12 gallon batches.  If I could rig up an exhaust fan in the window above the brew tower (and get a CO monitor), I could brew right in this room.  For now, I'll have to drag the tower out into the garage on brew days. 


Let me know what you think.

I have a call in to Bernhard to meet up with him in Kaiserslautern.  I brought back a bottle of Breakfast Stout and Harvest Strong along with a SFB beanie as a show of gratitude.  I'm interested to see what he thinks about the beers, as they are both a far stretch from what he's used to brewing.


Tschüss!

No comments:

Post a Comment