Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Shhhhh! It's a Secret.....

As I've mentioned in the past, I will often "test brew" a beer for numerous reasons.  Maybe it's a variation on a current offering.  Maybe it's an oddball recipe that I don't want to try full-size.

This leads me to our newest beer:

And So It Gose


Gose (pronounced goes-uh) is a near-extinct style of beer dating back to pre-Reinhietsgebot in Germany.  Reinheitsgebot is the German Purity Law that says that beer can only be made with four ingredients:  Barley, Hops, Water and (later) Yeast.

Gose has the inclusion of wheat, coriander and salt.  It also uses weisse yeast so you do get a bit of that banana/clove flavor.

It is a very light beer, refreshing and low alcohol.

As a gift to my blog followers, you will be the only ones who know about it. 

Starting Monday, August 15, if you go up to the bar and say "And So It Gose", you can get a pint of this beer for $3.00.  Quantities are EXTREMELY limited, and when it's gone, it's gone.

Do me a favor and let me or your bartender know what you think of it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome. Were you listening to Billy Joel when you brewed this up?

    ReplyDelete