Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

That Odd Time Of Year

So, our First Annual New Year's Eve Party is coming at the end of the week, and I have no idea what to expect, beer-wise.

At every party that I've ever attended that had an open bar, the party-goers lean toward cocktails over beer.  I think people think they're getting more bang for the buck.

Regardless, this week will be spent making sure all the tanks are full.  Transferring a Nut Brown tomorrow.  The Doppelbock is done fermenting and tastes wonderful.  Plus, it will only get better as it lagers. 

The Chocolate Hazlenut Porter is almost gone.  I'm a little surprised by how quickly it is selling.  St. Francis seems to favor the lighter beers over the darker ones, but lots of folks are taking this one home in growlers.

Tonight I made pork chops braised with Victory's Moonglow Weizenbock.  They turned out great, but the beer didn't come through very well.  Next time, I'll try a stout.

No comments:

Post a Comment