Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Road Trip!

I buy nearly all of my malt from Briess malting company in Chilton, WI. 

When setting up the Brew Schedule for 2011 the other night, I decided to make January's Seasonal the Doppelbock.  A quick check of our malt inventory showed that I'm a little short on a couple of the malts.  This being a lager, I'll need to get it brewed asap.

I've never been to Briess, but I heard it was very impressive.  So, I'm going to brave the "blizzard" that's supposed to hit the Milwaukee area this weekend and take a trip up to Briess on Monday.  I've got a tour lined up and am hoping to meet with one of their tech guys, Bob Hanson.  Bob is a wealth of knowledge and it would be nice to feed off of his intellect for a while.  Plus, he gave me some advice about using Briess smoked malt--the malt that gives our Harvest Strong its unique flavor.

If they let me bring my camera in, I'll post some photos next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment