Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What's that smell??

It's just me brewing our Archbishop Amber.

On brew days, the wonderful aroma of boiling wort occasionally escapes the brewhouse and meanders through the dining room.  I am usually so used to it that I don't think much about it.

One day, Chef Ron and I were having a spirited discussion on both sides of the brewhouse door.  Our conversation was interrupted by a customer's request that we close the door.  Apparently, not everyone is as enthralled with the brewery's "perfume" as I.

There is a saving grace.  On a number of occasions, a server will pop her head into the brewhouse, inhale deeply, and smile. 

God bless wordless compliments.

2 comments:

  1. Who goes to a brew pub that doesn't like or at least tolerate the smell of boiling wort and hops?
    What is the world coming to?

    ReplyDelete