Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

There are STILL Decent Companies in America

Just when I'm convinced that we've become a truly disposable society, a company proves me wrong.

Backing up....

Several years ago I was planning my homebrew setup.  I received a gift certificate to Northern Brewer, and decided to use it to buy the Cadillac of homebrew pumps--a magnetic pump from the March Pump company out of Illinois.

The pump sat in my basement for over a year.  Finally, I started putting my system together and put the pump into use.  After about four uses, the pump died.

I emailed March Pump with my model and serial number and explained that the unit is probably out of warranty, but I was very disappointed because I barely used the thing and it no longer worked.  I received a response within hours by a gentleman named Doug Street.  He told me that it was out of warranty, but if I sent it to them, they'd take a look at it.  He said, sometimes they can get them working again, but there would be no guarantees. 

The only thing I had to lose (other than the value of the pump) was shipping.  I sent it off.

I followed up a couple of weeks later to get the status, and was told that they got it running, but it was pretty "fubar-ed" up and was rubbing a lot.  Oh well....

So I come home today to a very pump-sized box on my front porch.  I figured I got my very defective pump back. 

No!

A shiny new pump motor was staring back at me!

This company was up-front, responsive, and successful in removing some of the cynacism I've cultured over the years.  They went above and beyond anything they had to do, and they not only left me 100% satisfied, they also made me want to tell everyone my pleasant experience.

I think I'll start with this blog......

No comments:

Post a Comment