Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

So What Else Is New??

So kind of you to ask.

It is with great excitement, a touch of apprehension, and a tinge of sadness that I am reporting that I am leaving you.

Temporarily.

Let's back up a little.

A few months ago, my lovely wife was offered a pretty cool opportunity.  She is a medical coding auditor and she's darn good at what she does.  Now, normally I find this occupation as interesting as, say, a sequel to "Eat, Pray, Love" but once in a while, life throws you a curve.  Well, it did.  My wife swung and hit it out of the park.  She was offered a supervisory position overseeing all of the Air Force bases in Europe, with Germany being the home base (Ramstein AFB).  Last month, she moved there, and rented a great house in the little village of Oberstaufenbach.  On December 8th, the day after the December tapping, I will be moving there to join her.

While living with the woman I love is a no-brainer, this decision had a fair amount of trepidation.  I have worked very hard and sacrificed much to get to where I am today.  I love working for St. Francis Brewery.  I love making good beer.  I love the freedom, automony and trust that the ownership has offered me.  I also continually strive to become a better brewer.  Both I and my bosses see this new venture as an opportunity to learn and grow as a brewer.

With this in mind, in a wonderful display of generosity, the ownership of SFB is considering this a Sabbatical of sorts.  They are keeping me on staff, and I will be returning one week a month to get a whole lot of brewing done.  I have hired an Assistant who will handle the day-to-day minutiae.  You will meet her in an upcoming post.

Stay tuned to this blog, as I keep you abreast of my new adventures.

In all sincerity, it has been a pleasure serving all of you.  I look forward to raising a mug of St. Francis' finest with all of you in the future.

Auf Wiedersehen!
Scott

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I'm (selfishly) happy to hear you will come back to brew for us. Can't wait to hear of your adventures in Deutschland.

    ReplyDelete