Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What to brew.....

I am often asked, "when are you going to brew the (fill in the blank) again?"

One of the best parts of this job, and there are many "bests", is coming up with our seasonals.  The most popular, like the Oktoberfest, will be annual brews.  Some of the other one-offs are the results of a whim.  The trouble is, there are so many different styles of beer that I love coming up with things that craft brew lovers can't get very often. 

Last November, I sat down and planned out the entire seasonal schedule for 2010, and to this point I have kept to it.  I had not planned on doing the Pumpkin Pie Spice Ale this year.  Instead I was going to feature a completely made-up style of beer, the "Harvest Strong" this month, a Schwarzbier for November and the Christmas Ale for December.

Back to the original sentence, customers are asking me about the Pumpkin Ale.  I have bowed to your requests and am brewing it today!  Should be ready in a couple weeks.  A special Mug Club notice will go out about its tapping.  I've postponed the Schwarzbier and will move the Harvest Strong to November.

No comments:

Post a Comment