Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Where Do I Start?

Well, it's been a crazy couple of weeks here in Europe. 

Mrs. Brewmaster decided we're going to see as much of Europe as we can while we're here, so she's been our travel agent.  Having visited Rome and Ireland, as well as several German cities, our next excursion was a week in Vienna. 

Quite frankly, I'm not a good long-term vacationer.  I start to get a little antsy at about day four, so I questioned the length of this Vienna trip.  Appreciating my consternation, we pulled out a map and found that we would be two hours by train to Prague and ninety minutes from Budapest.  So, three days into our Vienna trip, we booked a 2-day side trip to the Czech Republic and a day trip to Hungary.

I'll comment on all three of these trips in a future post.  For now, let me just say that every place we've visited is a gem in its own right. 

The day after our return to Oberstaufenbach, we were treated to a visit from some friends from the States.  I was in a quartet with Matt for 10 years, and was put up with by his dear wife Cori for much of that time.  They did some whirlwind sightseeing and they're headed back to the States tomorrow.  I'll be following them back a day later to get back into the brewery and get some tasty beers brewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment